Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

Mini-Review: 'The Simpsons: An Uncensored, Unauthorized History' by John Ortved

The Simpsons: An Uncensored, Unauthorized HistoryThe Simpsons: An Uncensored, Unauthorized History by John Ortved

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The beginning is a bit slow, but once it gets into the actual show and not just the participants' backgrounds, it gets more interesting. The last chapters are quite harsh on the show's latter seasons, and even the Simpsons movie, which I think is fairly brilliant. I liked Planet Simpson: How a Cartoon Masterpiece Defined a Generation better - it is more personal and reverential. Comprehensive and factual, but lacking in heart.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

I purchased this book with my own funds and was not obligated to review it in any way.

No comments: